Hi All
Yet another skip dive a couple of years back, I came across a Bosch extrusion profile I hadn't seen before. The extrusion I believe is design to carry a sliding door.
So brain into gear and straightaway I knew what I was going to build with it.

After a period of time and collecting most of the bits and pieces I was going to need (Mostly recycled (free)) I set about making a Plasma track.
The reason for sharing this post is to not really about the track but the wow factor I got from my Plasma cutter the other day.

I am going to build a Ripper Tooth for my Mini Digger and wanted to cut some 26mm old plate to create the main body parts of the claw.
My plasma cutter is only rated at 24mm thickness of cut, so I was definitely on the maximum of the machine capabilities (so I thought). Set up the plasma track that had only ever been used to cut a maximum 10mm thickness of plate in the past with no issues.

Well to my amazement the plasma cutter not only cut through the 26mm plate but the frame I had placed under the plate to support the material to be cut which was a further 20mm.

The control the track gives rather than cutting freehand I believe made this possible. I will post on HMT a separate posting on the cutting track

WOW didn't expect that-cutting-25mm-plate.jpgCutting the 26mm plate

WOW didn't expect that-plasma-cutter.jpg70 amp maximum output plasma cutter

WOW didn't expect that-cut-finish.jpgSurface finish of cut

WOW didn't expect that-thickness-plate.jpg26mm plate

WOW didn't expect that-cut-table.jpgCut table supporting 26mm plate

Really surprised not only at the depth of cut but the surface finish

Thank you for viewing
The Home Engineer