Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Thread: Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop

Thanks

AB-SHOP's Tools

Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop

Hello everyone,

I decided to build the magnetic spindle holder table for my tangential grinding, the hardest part? Making the 4 columns of the same length, I decided to leave 0.03 mm more and then correct each column; the final result is not bad even if I hoped to obtain greater precision.
    The error I obtained I will try to eliminate it by rectifying the magnetic plane in the next video.

I determined the minimum distance from the grinding wheel, I then measured the 45° slot and used the same cutter to machine the lower plate.

I then built a jig with the 3D printer so as not to remove the table from the milling machine and therefore lose the zeroing.

I then built 2 columns to be able to work the rectangular holes where to insert the stop blocks

The 4 columns were built with a knurled part to be able to forcefully lock them into the aluminum.

Finally I built 2 stop blocks: since I couldn't tighten the M8 screws directly on the aluminum, I built 2 steel cylinders to release the pressure from the cylinder to the aluminum

Hope you like the video too!

See you soon,
    Alberto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop-foto_1.jpg   Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop-foto_4.jpg   Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop-foto_5.jpg   Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop-foto_6.jpg   Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop-foto_7.jpg  

Surface Grinder restoration: Making & Testing a DIY Table in my Workshop-foto_8.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information