Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 875 Posts

Emergency steam distiller - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ToolTalkBot For This Useful Post:

KustomsbyKent (Today)

Thanks

metric_taper's Tools
    OK, needed components, empty liquor bottle, cut-able material suitable for a cooling column, clean drinking cup, rocks properly placed to provide support and thermal insulation of radiant flame from fire, dry control burn kindling, favorable wind and outdoor conditions, an in pocket ignition source for to light the kindling on fire, with excess energy so the kindling will self vaporize it's material..........And I watched it. I recall some early 1960's Popular Mechanics magazine short idea on similar subject, but it needed plastic sheeting and shovel to dig hole, with container in bottom of center of hole, and plastic sheet to form a funnel for the condensate to drip down into that container.......

Don't get yourself stuck in such a stupid condition, as dehydration is preventable. For this video, this guy looks like he's in super duty physical shape, and has been fed well and hydrated by the glass bottle used in the video, the plastic container most likely had the local beer (appears to be designed for pressurization). Video was probably monetized initially. And they appear to have made a distiller that worked until the distillation column melted beyond use, and I suspect the cup had some outside water bottle poured in, to enable a happy (but delusional) ending.

I'm just getting started, after a 40 year hiatus, to continue the restoration of a 1924 Model T Truck. I was a kid just finishing engineering school, when my neighbor, with kids my age I grew up with, sold it to me. He purchased it ~1971, from a farmer near Larimore, North Dakota (USA). Memory was he paid hime $650. His son, and I, tore it to pieces. It's know to be a "C" cab. And my recent research indicates only 1800 delivered of that model. It's pretty much complete, but the rear truck bed, that was under now gone oak planks, is severely rusted, but complete enough to have a pattern. The sides are pretty much in OK condition, so lots of welding will be done. It also had oak beams (real 2"x4") that rested on the frame, that supported the partial steel wrap around bottom of the truck bed. The rear of the cab, that connects to the frame is gone as well, and I have no idea what that originally looked like. It was riveted to the back of the cab, as I see that evidence.
    Emergency steam distiller - GIF-screenshot-vid_20240930_160733-00-22-showing-left-fender-support-bracket.jpg
    This photo is the underside of the removed left front fender. The iron forging is the support bracket. There is a threaded portion that is gone, as the two kids that removed this from the truck in 1972 twisted (the hex nut that pulled the taper joint closed on the threaded) stud off. Notice through the hole in the fender, the head light bracket (electric, but truck also had kerosene side and rear lamps major restoration of them needed). That is the damaged part I'm trying to remove, and just did heat yesterday, but not enough. I purchased a 1KW hand held induction heater. But it needs a O-A torch to get this done, just was hoping I could do it easy.
    I'm trying to remove that head light bracket, so I can weld back on the fine thread stud that used to be there (and replicate the hex nut). I've not found these brackets on any after market or used for sale, (just started), but would like to repair, as that's the real hobby, fixing broken stuff, a hoarding sickness fed problem in my life.

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Last edited by metric_taper; Today at 09:16 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to metric_taper For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Today)

Thread Information