User Tag List

Thread: Better quality plug and socket

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 423 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools

Better quality plug and socket

Hi All
    Those that have followed my motor trailer mover will know that the socket and plug needed to be wiggled to make contact to allow the winch to work. In fairness to the company that supplied the new winch they replaced the old one with a better quality unit but it still had the same moulded plug. So I decided to replace both with a Plessey socket and plug. As the winch unit was stripped down to carry out this change, the remote control unit was removed as it wasn’t needed and rewired to accept the Plessey plug and socket. My theory for removing the remote control unit was one less thing to go wrong in the future.

Better quality plug and socket-img_8555.jpeg Originally wiring including the remote control unit.

Better quality plug and socket-img_8557.jpegNew wiring.

Better quality plug and socket-img_8559.jpeg Better quality plug and socket-img_8558.jpeg Plessey plug and socket.

Better quality plug and socket-img_8560.jpegNew replacement wired hand controller. (Not used)

Tested today and no wiggling the plug so far so hopefully issue has be resolved.

Many thanks for viewing.

The Home Engineer

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,667 Posts

Thanks thehomeengineer! We've added your Winch Plug And Socket Modification to our Electrical category,
    as well as to your builder page: thehomeengineer's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thread Information