Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car body collision repair - GIF

Thanks
    the report was bogus. these are possiably one of the best quality cars gm has made. the only typickle gm problem is the interrior plastic that the sun fades over the years. there not for everybody. biger than Mitia, smaller than vette. and it is not the pontaic version of the sky. the sky is the saturn version of the solatice as the solstice was first built in 02 production started in 05 the sky came along in 07. I like the styling of the sky also. but that interrior looks like a dick on a fish. typical saturn interrior. if I ever get a sky I will put a solstace dash&console in it. but yes basicly the same cars. there was a version for chevy too the nomad. there was also a proposed fibergall top to make the solstce and saturn into "station wagon? well sort of.it was the top used on the nomad concept car. there were a hand full of thise tops made around 20-30 bt a gm supplyer EDAGG. when gm pulled the plug on it as a after market top they didnt make any more.the reason was something could fly from the trunl into the passanger carpartmat in a axadent or fast stop...wtf that can happen with any thing as well as from the trunk. well thats 4 'nches behind you. I also have one of those tops. never mounted.stored up on my 2nd floor. I dont know if I will ever use it.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Floradawg (Aug 14, 2024)

Thanks
    turbo is 260 hp factory. a mild tune gives 40 more almost insatntlly,basicly not lag due to the twin scroll turbo. also added 80 foot pounds of tq with the mild tune. yes it's fun. the traction control can save your ass. the suspension is great. the only thing is the blisten coilovers.. expensive to replace.I think there were 4 or 5 different suspensions available. the sky was also badged as a dae woo for korea and they were badged as opal gt for the EU with rear engine I think, anther company in the usa kinda connected to gm was doing the v8 solstice conversions all factory with all the warrantys. another company in italy or spain, probably spain was importing the v8 cars under the name tarus. I dont recall who was doing the v8 conversions. they also had different front nose and a few other styling changes. the ride and handling is great but not for everybody. there are after market braces to stiffen it up more for better handling. but sadley no reall after market parts for the car like headlights& tail lights... the used ones now go for $1000 I need a set for my coupe.I wish I had the $$ to send a set to china and have them made there and start importing them. orignay the headlight assys were made in korea.

2,000+ Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Floradawg (Aug 14, 2024)

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    I appreciate the info. My Silverado has a 2.7 L turbo with 310 HP. It will move. I can imagine 300 HP in a car like that. Obviously, you have done a lot of research. The Saturn version was a car I wished for but couldn't afford it at the time. When I was 20 something I really wanted a Subaru BRAT. I could have bought it, but it would have been a financial strain. My wife at the time was okay with it but my practical side won out. When I was a teen, I really wanted a Honda 600. No way to buy it though. I realize these were strange cars to feel so passionately about but I'm kind of an odd one.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Floradawg For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Aug 15, 2024)

Thanks
    I like all those cars. most dont remember the brat or the 600, toyota also have a beautifull gt2000 that shelby was invloved with in the 60's when ford cut him loose after they got control of everything shelby. I wish toyota would of keept that piticular gt2000 going.but it did morph into the silica gt 2000 witch looked just like a 69-70 fastback mustang. they were quite something to see in early 70's in japan with big tires,wheels,louvers etc. hell I thiught it was a muctang till I got closer and it was 2 foot short&1 foot narrower. I always wanted one. I did a lot of dirt bike racing there as a kid. then back in the usa in the late 70's I got into mopars. building cars, racecars,prostreet cars and more.every aspect ,form bare body to finished racecar, I made a pe=retty good living running a performance machine shop building race enines street engines offshore race engines mud truck engines, most everything even jet ski engines. the off shore ***** boat engines paid very well and were a blast. I miss all that. but I miss my car I built from a bare shell in my 20's, it paid for its self on saturday nights drag racing( street racing) it was quite well known from bermingham to mobile/orange beach to tallahasse. sometimes over a thousand people out in the middle of nowhere(almost) to see us run. sadly cancer affecting my brain made me basicly give it away...I wish somebody would of stopped me. last I heard it sold for over $36000.00 20 years ago, it's up in NY somewhere last I heard. oh we also had a 74 subaru...with holly 500 carb on it....my brothers play toy till we built him a 67 cuda simuar to my 71 duster.duster was 618+- hp the cuda just a tad less. the cuda is getting a update now promod style for the streets.all aluminum 500 ci blown hemi. everything new execpt for the cuda sheet metal skin. thats if my brother ever finishes it. a buddy of ours that builds promod chassies and turn key promods, bent up all the tubing with my brother. fuking sweet!
    as for the 300 hp solstice yup is fun. you can tune them for a good bit more hp.I think 350 is the max for that turbo and injectors. but the engines seem to handle 500hp good. there is a later block to use if you want more. I would love to have 500 in mine but Im at the point I dont want to work on any thing at all. and theres no real reason for it any more. I tryd to add pic of my duster and the cuda but didnt go through.I aint that bright in that aera kinda like a 3 watt light buld, dimwit

Thanks
    on another note...I have oh somany tool boxes.one cheep roll around has my mini lathe attached to it since the 9x20 took it's place. a few others have machine tools in them one has some tool and machine stuff...one rollaround in the house for everything in there,then theres my big snappon box in the engine room. and more hear and there with various tools or tooling or machine parts& supplies.while rebuilding thiis last car I realized they I have been running back and forth to the snappong box for tools. I have about 5 or 6 of every tool. and most were now strowed around the shop... so.. I had a new in to box top chest in the house, so i got the 30x18 moving dolly from harbor fright and used left over wood from enclosing my carport a yearand ahalf ago..could of been last year I nolonger have any concept of time. and I built a 34x21 x 36 chest on the moving dolly.with draws and a 24x17 fold down wings on each side for holding whatever, tools parts glasses and yes theres even a drink holder next to the top chest. I started this the day after I took the car to the paint shop. Im finishing the 2nd wing now.it's already full of tools, and the bottom 1 foot has my electrick tools,drills,cordless drils,cordless side grinders,corded grinder,battery charger etc to keep from chasing everydam thing since my memory nolonger works, the chore now is to remember to put stuff back when Im done. and set it on the wings while Im working on something so i know where to go to for it. the main portion is painted with semigloss exterior paint, the drawrs are natural with polyurathane on them. all in all im happy with it. and the cost was...about $14.oops,I did put drawr liners in it so..add about $10 to that. the paint was 4 or 5 different colors & brands all mixed togeather including brown& blue..yellow it's slightly off white , Im not sure how those 4 or 5 different colors cams out to be that color but Im pleased with it. I usualy make a nice blue when ever I start mixing stuff...I tend to remix all my paints when painting to get the color I want.I had a beautifull florida sunset beach room( my daughters room) it was 5 or different Beachey colors..then one week when i was off racing I came home and it was ****ing grey!!! my daughter was home from collage where she got the "gray" and "hillarys' a god" treetment they are doing to everybody now. she has since seen the light again once she got away from those POS professors. she did a year abroad for her masters in Bologna Italy then the next year in DC at the main campus ( john hopkins) I think a lot of the ungraying and de hillarying was in italy. I still want to puke every time I walk into that room witch the wife took over and helped gray it's existence. I wanted it for a library to relax in. I got the YOU HAVE A SHOP HALF AS BIG AS THE DAM HOUSE!! and now a 2 story barn with ac and enclosed car port so I can sort of see her wanting a room but that dam gray....you cant fix stupid. as for my daughter 25 years old and her masters...and by 26 all her education was paid off in full. shes 30 now. her first year working she was making 2x more a year than I ever made. I sure miss her and my other daughter. but there both professionals and very successful in their lives& family's. what else could a dad ask for...hmm.. a new camper!!! Ill have to buy that my self Im sure.

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    If you don't mind my asking, where do you live now? If you don't want to say, that's okay. It sounds like you have had a lot of fun in your life. I can't complain. I've been around a little and enjoyed myself. I lost a wife to cancer, but I'm happily married again.

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Thread Information