Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car body collision repair - GIF

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 763 Posts

Car body collision repair - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToolTalkBot For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Aug 15, 2024), nova_robotics (Aug 11, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,028 Times in 4,321 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I hope people don't believe there is even the remotest possibility this was all that was required to straighten the damaged vehicle

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Last edited by Frank S; Aug 10, 2024 at 08:10 AM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Aug 11, 2024)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

albertq's Tools
    Not sure the purpose of the heating gas flame as how it was being applied would have had no effect on the metal ductility.
    Maybe to soften the paint?

Thanks
    What metal? It's a plastic car...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imohtep56 For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Aug 11, 2024), mwmkravchenko (Aug 11, 2024)

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Peugeot. It was probably hit by a bicycle.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floradawg For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Aug 15, 2024), nova_robotics (Aug 11, 2024)

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wheel alignment will be a major problem with a crash like this. This is well done to make it look good. Hope the rest of the frame dimensions were checked out. I had one of these Frankencars as a kid. Couldn't keep a set of tires on it for love or money.

Mark

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mwmkravchenko For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Aug 11, 2024)

Thanks
    it's a shame this is a lost art in the usa. now its totaled or the shop only does bolt on parts. yes there are a few that can do it but not many.and nif you have a full framed vehicle thats even harder to get done. I had to build my own frame machine to do a car of mine I bought crashed. it was #243 of 1266 made.

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    it's a shame this is a lost art in the usa. now its totaled or the shop only does bolt on parts. yes there are a few that can do it but not many.and nif you have a full framed vehicle thats even harder to get done. I had to build my own frame machine to do a car of mine I bought crashed. it was #243 of 1266 made.
    Hi marksbug,
    What kind of car and do you still have it? I would like to see a photo.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Floradawg For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Aug 15, 2024)

Thanks
    that cars at the paint shop. it's a 09 solstice coupe 2 seater. basicly a 3/4 scale corvette made by pontaic. not a unibody car like everything lse but the vette and these. forged aluminum control arms all around, blistin coilovers all around. look up solstice gxp coupe. I also have the gxp roadster version.they made those from 05 to 2010, but the coupe was only produced for a few months due to joe biden shutting doen pontaic and saturn so he could have that plant they both those cars were built in so his company could build affordable electrick care. he took a #528 million grant from the energy dept to build the cars in that plant but pontaic and saturn had to go. that plant was a assy plant for gm since around 1918 in Wilmington delaware. his home state... ever seen any of his electroic cars?? nobody has none were built. a thunder storm cam by and destroyed every car made and they had to shut down.... yup thats what the gm arcives had untill biden decided to run for president them it was gone... I was interested around 2016 in the cars and started researching... it's all gone now. and he ketp the $528 million. he also put thousand of people out of jobs doing so. as well as the plant got tore down as it was sold to amazon his buddy. oh also rodger pensky wanted to buy that saturn plant and keep making those cars as they made awesome racecars too they were just a 3/4 scale vette. they were made to compeate in the imsa and other road corses that mazda was dominating...pontaic won the champion ship I think all years of production. they are not the typickel gm car. they are also hand assembled. the froms are hydroformed just like the vette, the body panels are hydroformed too. other than the drive train you would never know it was a gm product.and the production was also about 80% preordered. they were gone as soon as they got to the dealers. that turbo sure does fly, and a mild tune( computer retune) adds 40 hp and 80 foot pounds of tq. and gets rid of a lot of the granny presets gm put in there, add a high flow cat and they gos higher. they have a good free flowing 2.5 duel exhaust for the turbo model, single 2.5 for the non turbo, I have 3" system on mine., oe system on the coupe. Ill probably sell of off since I cant afford insurance on both. and like the convertable.( the coupe top has a top like a vette it comes off above the seats in 1 peice there is also a fabric top that can be put on I have both tops.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Floradawg (Aug 13, 2024)

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    that cars at the paint shop. it's a 09 solstice coupe 2 seater. basicly a 3/4 scale corvette made by pontaic. not a unibody car like everything lse but the vette and these. forged aluminum control arms all around, blistin coilovers all around. look up solstice gxp coupe. I also have the gxp roadster version.they made those from 05 to 2010, but the coupe was only produced for a few months due to joe biden shutting doen pontaic and saturn so he could have that plant they both those cars were built in so his company could build affordable electrick care. he took a #528 million grant from the energy dept to build the cars in that plant but pontaic and saturn had to go. that plant was a assy plant for gm since around 1918 in Wilmington delaware. his home state... ever seen any of his electroic cars?? nobody has none were built. a thunder storm cam by and destroyed every car made and they had to shut down.... yup thats what the gm arcives had untill biden decided to run for president them it was gone... I was interested around 2016 in the cars and started researching... it's all gone now. and he ketp the $528 million. he also put thousand of people out of jobs doing so. as well as the plant got tore down as it was sold to amazon his buddy. oh also rodger pensky wanted to buy that saturn plant and keep making those cars as they made awesome racecars too they were just a 3/4 scale vette. they were made to compeate in the imsa and other road corses that mazda was dominating...pontaic won the champion ship I think all years of production. they are not the typickel gm car. they are also hand assembled. the froms are hydroformed just like the vette, the body panels are hydroformed too. other than the drive train you would never know it was a gm product.and the production was also about 80% preordered. they were gone as soon as they got to the dealers. that turbo sure does fly, and a mild tune( computer retune) adds 40 hp and 80 foot pounds of tq. and gets rid of a lot of the granny presets gm put in there, add a high flow cat and they gos higher. they have a good free flowing 2.5 duel exhaust for the turbo model, single 2.5 for the non turbo, I have 3" system on mine., oe system on the coupe. Ill probably sell of off since I cant afford insurance on both. and like the convertable.( the coupe top has a top like a vette it comes off above the seats in 1 peice there is also a fabric top that can be put on I have both tops.
    Thanks for such a detailed explanation. That seems to me to be the Pontiac version of the Saturn Skye. I really loved the way they look. Consumer Reports does surveys of people that own certain cars to see how they like them. "Owner satisfaction". For some reason those were not well liked. I always wondered if the ride was extremely punishing or if the quality control was bad. How much power does the turbo have? Is it fun to drive? Thanks again.

Oh, by the way, just add that biden f up to the thousands of others.
    Last edited by Floradawg; Aug 13, 2024 at 07:27 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Floradawg For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Aug 15, 2024)

Thread Information