Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 763 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ToolTalkBot For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Aug 12, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,028 Times in 4,321 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    The top 5 or 6 feet of that wall should have been made with a 45°outward angle and the very top a large cylinder. Or just add a 48" pipeline on top of it then let them try and figure out how to breach the wall. of course, my suggestion before the wall was even thought of was motion sensing self-activated machine gun pods all along the border, with Piranha and alligators in the river, but that is just how I roll at times. The problem with the predatory animals in the water is many people on both sides use the river for recreation with no intent of crossing it. the machine gun nests would be indiscriminate of cattle or wildlife so those would not be an option. Leaving either the squirrel roll cylinders or the 48" pipeline

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Many years ago I thought I once heard that this wall was designed for this NOT to happen...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imohtep56 For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Aug 11, 2024), nova_robotics (Aug 11, 2024)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by imohtep56 View Post
    Many years ago I thought I once heard that this wall was designed for this NOT to happen...
    If it can be built there will be some who will figure out a way to get over under around or through it in one way or another.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Aug 11, 2024)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 655 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    It's pretty involved construction. That can't be cheap to make or install, especially for thousands and thousands of miles. It seems like a bunch of strategically placed guard towers with night vision might be cheaper and more effective, and keep people employed. I think the problem is these are people and not livestock. They're intelligent and are going to figure out ways around whatever obstacle you put in front of them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

PJs (Aug 12, 2024)

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    First, most of the crossers aren't "illegals" these days, but asylum or refugee status seekers, which we are required to take in under federal and international law.

Second, the cost to build each mile of "wall" is more than three times the cost of building one mile of multilane interstate highway.

Third, the new roads that were built on both sides to facilitate construction are now major routes for illicit drug transport and human trafficking.

Finally, during the Trump administration, alone, the ~450 miles of this style of barrier constructed were cut through with portable reciprocating saws more than 4,000 times. Instead of the "wall," DHS requested funding for advanced vehicle scanners, electronic detection and countermeasure systems, and additional border police and immigration judges. All of that was denied and in addition, the Trump administration raided military base housing funding meant to replace dilapidated quarters when Congress refused to fund the construction.

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schuylergrace For This Useful Post:

Hoosiersmoker (Aug 13, 2024), KustomsbyKent (Aug 11, 2024), nova_robotics (Aug 11, 2024)

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    "First, most of the crossers aren't "illegals" these days, but asylum or refugee status seekers, which we are required to take in under federal and international law." Except they are supposed to apply for asylum in the first 'safe state' (country) they enter. Still with so many now being flown to Canada to walk in via that largely unprotected border I think the US isn't going to be able to stop irregular migration anytime soon.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Asylum seekers and refugees, my left foot. If they were, they would enter through the many set up border crossings which have been in place for decades. Additionally there would not be thousands to tens of thousands trying to sneak into this country on a daily basis. They are not all seeking employment to better their lives either. The USA has become the fatted cow with free flowing udders and the whole world is starting to feel like they can send or force many of their undesirable's to try and enter this country by any means possible. I'll admit this in not true in every instance but there is a huge percentage taking advantage of our broken system.
    The wall is the same thing as door locks on your house the only thing it is going to keep out are the slightly more honest individuals. If a thief comes to your house they will get in no matter how good you think your security devices or systems will protect your stuff. At best it will only slow them down.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Elizabeth Greene's Tools
    I quietly worry that one day we'll worry about our walls trapping people inside, not keeping them out.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elizabeth Greene For This Useful Post:

Hoosiersmoker (Aug 13, 2024), nova_robotics (Aug 12, 2024), schuylergrace (Aug 12, 2024)

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeiljohnUK View Post
    "First, most of the crossers aren't "illegals" these days, but asylum or refugee status seekers, which we are required to take in under federal and international law." Except they are supposed to apply for asylum in the first 'safe state' (country) they enter. Still with so many now being flown to Canada to walk in via that largely unprotected border I think the US isn't going to be able to stop irregular migration anytime soon.
    According to the law, they only have to present themselves to border authorities and request asylum status (there are other checks after that before asylum or refugee status is conferred). There is no requirement to apply outside the country because that could further endanger the asylum seekers, which is why the courts struck down that rule when the Biden administration tried to implement it.

2,000+ Tool Plans

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to schuylergrace For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Aug 12, 2024)

Thread Information