Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Thread: Forklift drone - GIF

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToolTalkBot For This Useful Post:

albertq (Jul 14, 2024), nova_robotics (Jul 13, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,969 Times in 4,294 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    What's the difference sitting on your fat posterior in an office staring at t screen with a Gameboy controller in your hand or sitting on the forklift with the steering wheel and levers in your hand

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    There's an invisible person driving it.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 648 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    What's the difference sitting on your fat posterior in an office staring at t screen with a Gameboy controller in your hand or sitting on the forklift with the steering wheel and levers in your hand
    I do a lot of work in wood products and OSB. If the forklift has a bundle or two on the forks that operator cannot see a damn thing. They run people over all the time. I've been trying to convince the clients to put cameras up on the mast for years so at least the operator can see something. Nope. Those blue lights is all they get. The drone forklift seems silly at first glance, but I bet it would actually be beneficial towards not running people over when you have a full bundle on the forks.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,969 Times in 4,294 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    I do a lot of work in wood products and OSB. If the forklift has a bundle or two on the forks that operator cannot see a damn thing. They run people over all the time. I've been trying to convince the clients to put cameras up on the mast for years so at least the operator can see something. Nope. Those blue lights is all they get. The drone forklift seems silly at first glance, but I bet it would actually be beneficial towards not running people over when you have a full bundle on the forks.
    Your reply actually makes a lot of sense. I really like the mast cam and onboard view screen idea a lot more than the remote controlled, too many possibilities of RF interferences or the pilot getting distracted by a stupid-visor who thinks they need to stand over their shoulders. A mast cam, on the ROV would seem essential for a remote pilot anyway.

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information