Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wasp nest removal fail - video

Thanks
    Thanked 8,925 Times in 4,272 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    My grandpa loved to use his WWI or possibly it was a WWII flame thrower to remove the plate sized red wasps nests from the bodark trees that he was planning to cut down for corner posts, if a few dead branches burned in the process and the softball sized hedge apples happened to char so much the better. Fr smaller palm sized nest he would soak a rag in gasoline hold it in his outstretched hand then reach up and encompass the whole next crushing it and all wasps in his hand, same technique for a hornets nest only he wouldn't crush it he held the rag against the hole while removing the nest then dropped it into a steel 5 gallon bucket with a little gasoline in the bottom and covered it later just uncover and set it on fire.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

will52100 (Jan 1, 2020)

Thanks
    I've shot the hornets and wasp nests down with a BB gun before while inside another house or vehicle. Gasoline also works in the ground, dumped on the nest in the ground and then set on fire a few hours later. User a large cloth garmet to cover the hole immediately afterwards and then pour more on it and light it when ready.

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thanks
    Done something similar with a paper bag on a paper wasp nest. Didn't get stung, slow and steady won the day.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    A simple soap solution works very good on paper wasps here in South Texas. The soap solution suffocates them. I usually mix the soap and water in a large mouth container and then just throw the liquid on the nest. They drop like it was gasoline.

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thread Information