Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ring cutter - GIF

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 852 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    I stopped wearing mine when it caught on the top of a step ladder when I was stepping down. Fortunately, it was only an 8' ladder, I was able to jerk the ladder to the side to tip in over and still land on my feet. It cut my finger anyway, but not seriously, just required a bandaid

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 470 Posts

olderdan's Tools
    In my early teens working at a brickwork's I jumped of the back of a tipper lorry and my signet ring snagged the tailgate lynch pin, luckily the ring split open but still cut me. I still have it but not worn any rings or wrist watches since.

2,000+ Tool Plans

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    I had a ring removed like this after a table saw accident, ironically while making a push stick after someone threw away the others! I told the surgeon I really didn't want the ring cut off if possible and he said "then you shouldn't have run your hand through a saw!" Fortunately it was my left hand and I still have nearly full motion with my index and middle fingers, he is a very good surgeon, one of the best in the mid-west actually. These ring saws are now made with very hard cutting blades so they can cut SS and many other metals. I think the new trend of silicon rings is a good idea for many of the reasons stated above. A pair of decent scissors is all you need to remove those.

2,000+ Tool Plans
    "This country was founded by a bunch of slave owners that told us all men are created equal..." - George Carlin

Thread Information