Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Thread: overwound

Thanks

overwound

Old Engineer/Clock Mechanic/ garlic farmer/shooter of nearly everything shootable: with experience building tools and equipment for work and hobbies. Always interested in ideas and how other folks approached and solved problems. Living in the NE corner of OR in the Wallowa Valley in Joseph.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi overwound,

Welcome!

Garlic farmer? Never ran into one of those before; very cool! Lots of shooters hereabouts, as well as a few clock and watchmakers. All neat stuff.

What are you working on currently?

Ken

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    Hi overwound,

Garlic farmer? Never ran into one of those before; very cool! Lots of shooters hereabouts, as well as a few clock and watchmakers. All neat stuff.

What are you working on currently?
    Just finished a powder stand to allow direct dumping of powder into the Lee expander die to speed up my pistol cartridge reloading. Earlier this year, I designed and built a garlic digger for my 3 point tractor hitch--actually interrupts the soil along both side of the rows of garlic allowing easy pull of the plants when we harvest rather than actually digging the garlic. Lots of opportunities for the small scale farmer to build specialized equipment to cut the sweat factor. I think photos of the digger and maybe my double row planter may be posted on our web site Welcome to Wallowa Mountain Garlic. Couldn't have done it without my "farmer's" metal scrap pile.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,668 Posts
    Welcome to the forums, overwound. You certainly have a varied and interesting set of skills.

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thread Information