Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Thread: Lots of bench top tools but not alot of bench top space?

Thanks

Haslip Cycle Works's Tools

Lots of bench top tools but not alot of bench top space?

Over the years I have collected a number of "bench top" tools. Drill press, vises, grinder, polisher, etc. While my tool collection grew my available bench space did not. It became a real hassle to store them all and then to setup them up to use them. I decided I had enough and needed to do something to make my life easier and make better use of the space I did have.

Now this isn't a new idea but I did make a few changes that made things safer and easier, I also videoed the whole process to make it super easy to follow along. I ended up making mounts around the shop in various locations, including my welding table. The construction is very simple and most of it can be found at Harbor Freight or any other store that sells hitches and receivers. I even show you how to make your own mounts if you don't want to fool with the store bought stuff or if have a custom need. Now I just need to fab up a bar to mount on the wall to hang all the tools from while I'm not using them and this gives me all my bench space back and gets the tools up and out of the way.

Below is the video link, make sure to check it out. Give me a thumbs, leave some comments and if you like what you see consider subscribing.
    Thank you!

Download plans for workbenches.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Haslip Cycle Works For This Useful Post:

Altair (Mar 8, 2020), Carnel (Mar 11, 2020), dubbby (Mar 11, 2020), emu roo (Yesterday), EnginePaul (Mar 15, 2020), Jon (Mar 13, 2020), MadTrapper (Mar 10, 2020), n9dug (Mar 14, 2020), rgsparber (Mar 11, 2020), rlm98253 (Oct 27, 2023), Texf1 (Mar 16, 2020), Tule (Mar 11, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,282 Times in 9,998 Posts

Thanks Haslip Cycle Works! We've added your Benchtop Machine Mount to our Workbenches category,
    as well as to your builder page: Haslip Cycle Works's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

n9dug (Mar 14, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thank you great video. I'm looking forward to your storage system..

Paul

Thanks

Texf1's Tools
    Great idea for us that have too many bench top tools. I happen to notice in the back a motorcycle lift of some sort. Can you let me know where you got that or info on how you built it? Thanks and keep up the great work.

Thread Information