Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get tool plans

User Tag List

Thread: How smart bullets work - video

Thanks
    Thanked 30,282 Times in 9,998 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Floradawg (Aug 27, 2021), hotdog0627 (Aug 25, 2021), kboy0076 (Aug 31, 2021), nova_robotics (Aug 29, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 4,352 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Ok so a $4.00 BM50 round would cost $4,000.00 per round instead of $4.00 I get that.
    what I don't get is having fired a ULR such as the .408 Chey-Tec there a few things other than tracking a target at extreme long ranges. First off in general long range snipers don't as a general rule focus all that much on moving targets and when they do they mentally calculate where they believe the target will be 2,3,4,or even 5 seconds after they fire. they adjust their optics for distance to set elevation required for trajectory attempt to ascertain any signs of wind speed and direction. then when they are comfortable they have a grasp on all conditions they take the shot or don't if conditions are unfavorable.
    In the case of a laser painted target this is best done by a spotter not a rifle mounted laser if guiding of the projectile is going to come into play since once the trigger is pulled the rifle is going to move. I don't care if you have it hard mounted or sand bagged in place there is going to be a brief period of time when if the laser is mounted on the rifle target acquisition will be lost and must be re acquired. So what do you think that smart round is going to be doing during that half second or so? it is going to be attempting to search for the laser dot which may be completely off target with noting to pint a picture on. causing the ultra tiny mechanisms contained within it to expend energy sending it who knows where. energy expended is energy lost and the demons here are gravity and wind resistance.

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Aug 26, 2021), greenie (Aug 25, 2021), hotdog0627 (Aug 25, 2021), Scotty1 (Aug 28, 2021)

Thanks
    If you need a round this complicated to hit your target, we already have drones that can do this. When you have an air force with precision munitions, the most dangerous weapon is a radio.

2,000+ Tool Plans

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheElderBrother For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Aug 26, 2021)

Thread Information