Get tool plans

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forklift prank gone awry - GIF

Thanks
    Thanked 30,282 Times in 9,998 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

mr mikey (Oct 24, 2023), nova_robotics (Oct 24, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 4,352 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I see 2 guys fired, and 1 guy in need of medical attention.
    I have a low threshold for workplace pranks

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Oct 25, 2023), hemmjo (Oct 24, 2023), KustomsbyKent (Oct 25, 2023), mr mikey (Oct 24, 2023), nova_robotics (Oct 24, 2023), that_other_guy (Oct 28, 2023), Tonyg (Oct 29, 2023), Tooler2 (Oct 31, 2023), verticalmurph (Oct 28, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 852 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Yep. That could very well have been deadly.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 660 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    I wonder where this is. I don't see any PPE of any kind, so probably not North America. Could be one of those disposable worker countries. In which case they'd probably all be fired for ruining a box of product.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (Oct 25, 2023), jackhoying (Oct 24, 2023)

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    Years ago a tech was working on a ford van with a no start issue. He comes up to me and says you want to see something funny. We walked up to the van, the doors are open, I'm on the drivers side he's on the passenger side. He says watch this. I'm looking at the engine (351W) and he hits his starter button. In the blink of an eye I was soaked head to toe with gasoline. It was flooded that bad. I jumped back with gas dripping from my head and quickly ran into the locker room to clean myself up. My boss came in and asked what happened. The a-hole was fired on the spot. later in looking at the truck this dumbass did this with the plug wires laying off to the side and nothing disabled. I was one lucky guy. Weeks later one of the tool guys told me he had been fired again from a job when he threatened another guy with a handgun. The police took care of that one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mr mikey For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Oct 24, 2023)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 660 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    This one happened near my home town a few years ago. Some complete arsehole was jerking around on a worksite. He was bullying some black kid. There was a racial component. It escalated to the point where he was shooting at him with a nail gun. Anyway, guy ended up shooting the kid with said nail gun puncturing his lung. The justice system in Nova Scotia is a revolving door joke so he didn't get any jail time.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...site-1.4844667

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    When I was a kid in the late 50's, a buddy worked at a local walk up / drive up mom and pop fast food joint.

They hired a new kid, straight of out of Juvie. Trying to give him a chance to go straight.

New kid is twisted, thinks he has the perfect practical joke, he tosses a large chunk of dry ice into the vat of French fry oil that is at almost 400 degrees F, just as my buddy turns to put a new batch of fries in the oil.

Resulting thermal explosion threw boiling oil everywhere except on the juvenile delinquent.

Badly burned my buddy, scaring his face and arms and head for life, costing him an eye as well.

Owner's wife had just walked in, she was a nurse, started treating my buddy while another worker called the operator and asked to have an ambulance, police and the fire department sent.

My brother and I were walking in also, saw it all happen, we caught the JD and beat the crap out of him, he was laughing as he ran from us until we caught him.

He had just turned 18, so was tried as an adult, sent to prison where someone shanked him a couple of years later.

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    I despise stories like this especially when racism is involved.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 852 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Some people are just sick. Getting to be more and more of them now as they are "permitted" to continue their deviant behaviours, because "everyone needs a second chance". Everyone except their victims.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hemmjo For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Oct 30, 2023)

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    So many issues here! Two people on a one-person forklift. Load not forked all the way in. Load not tilted back. Guy sleeping on the load. Bad decision to "Teach him a lesson". No one suggested for them to stop before someone got hurt. Safety here is a distant thought, not any kind of priority.
    "This country was founded by a bunch of slave owners that told us all men are created equal..." - George Carlin

Thread Information